Executive Vice President
The Executive Vice-President of Construction provides leadership, vision, and direction for multiple aspects of construction, including Project Management, Contracts, Field Operations, Equipment, Environmental Compliance and Safety. Must provide technical oversight for all company’s projects. Responsible for helping the company to achieve financial goals and objectives, while increasing operating performance and developing short and long term strategic plans and pursuits. Responsible for promoting a team-oriented approach to responsible management of the Construction Division. As a member of the Senior Management Team, this person must fully participate in all aspects of managing the company including business planning, budget preparation and forecasting, capital investments, corporate policies and procedures, and solving internal or external issues as they arise.
• Manages multiple projects, project management staff, field operation staff, equipment, and safety management.
• Coordinates with pre-construction planning, estimating, and design teams.
• Actively participates in project go/no go meetings and bid reviews.
• Evaluates and manages risk throughout the Construction Division.
• Implements timelines and critical path scheduling for initial project start up.
• Works closely with PM’s and Pre-Construction to review all majority subcontractor and material bids.
• Actively participates in project constructability reviews.
• Actively participates in the career development of lower tier supervisors and managers providing training and development goals, performance evaluations, and training for each team member.
• Works with Human Resources to identify, attract, and retain new and current top talent.
• Works with leadership to develop short and long-term strategic plans for the organization around the growth and development of construction.
• Oversees all aspects of revenue generation and identifies ways to maximize construction revenue.
• Oversees construction workload and assures proper talent utilization.
• Works with President of Construction, Vice President, and CFO to prepare budgets and analyze financial reports.
• Develops and implements company policies and procedures ensuring all are followed by the construction division team.
• Reports and shares key factors influencing the performance of the construction division with the President of Construction.
• Identify and assist in leading new business opportunities, provide presentations, attend conferences and client dinners.
• Develop and manage highly productive relationships and partnerships for the benefit of the organization.
• Set goals, monitor work, and evaluate results to ensure that departmental and organizational objectives and operating requirements are met and are in line with the needs and vision of the organization.
• Work alongside community leaders, executive directors, major donors/funders, government officials, and senior staff/board members.
• Performing other responsibilities as assigned by the President.
• A Bachelor’s degree in construction or related engineering field is required.
• Must have 15+ years of experience in the area of construction management. Related positions include Construction Division Manager, Senior Construction Manager, VP of Construction, and Director of Project Management.
• Proven success in project management, scheduling, estimating, negotiations, planning, civil engineering, budget development, and strategic planning.
• Experience with multiple contracting methods including Design-Build, T&M, Firm Fixed Price, Negotiated, etc.
• Possess strong analytical and conflict management skills and the ability to trouble shoot issues.
• Track record of strong leadership, mentoring, communication, and team building skills.
• Skilled at establishing and working collaboratively in a fast paced, dynamic team environment with multiple projects and priorities.
• Ability and willingness to travel to various locations as required.
• Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Heavy Job, Heavy Bid, Primavera, and AutoCAD is preferred.
Worth Construction Co., Inc. is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer.